LCI (La Chaîne Info) is a French free-to-air news channel.
LCI was launched on 24 June 1994 by Christian Dutoit on behalf of the media group TF1 as a pay television channel. Its launch was also simulcast on TF1.
The broadcast began at 8:30 pm with the live TV news programme presented by Françoise-Marie Morel. The first guest was the CEO of the channel, Étienne Mougeotte.
The channel was also broadcast in Italy alongside TF1 on digital terrestrial television from 2004 to December 2006 on Dfree multiplex.
In 2006, the channel's website appeared twice in the James Bond film Casino Royale, a product placement that the channel says it did not pay for.
On 5 April 2016, the channel became free-to-air and began broadcasting on channel 26 via digital terrestrial television in France.
- LCI Matin, weekday morning news program presented by François-Xavier Ménage and Amandine Bégot (anchors the news), also Audrey Crespo-Mara anchors a political interview and La Vie des Idées.
- La Médiasphère, a technology program, hosted by Christophe Moulin.
- LCI et vous, late-morning news program, hosted by Bénédicte Le Chatelier.
- LCI Midi, midday news program, hosted by Philippe Ballard and Marie-Aline Méliyi.
- Le 15/18, afternoon drive news program by Magali Lunel.
- 24 heures en questions, roundup, hosted by Yves Calvi + Magali Lunel (weekdays) and Bénédicte Le Chatelier (Saturday).
- Le grand soir, late news program hosted by Julien Arnaud and Rebecca Fitoussi, replaced LCI Soir.
- LCI Matin Week-end, weekend morning news program hosted by Sébastien Borgnat and Sylvia Amicone.
- LCI Journée Week-end, weekend block programming from 10am to 6pm by Julien Dommel.
- LCI Soir Week-end, weekend block programming from 6pm to midnight by Damien Givelet and Julie Hammett.
- Le Grand Jury, a political/economic interview program hosted by Olivier Mazerolle, Alexis Brezet et Christophe Jakubyszyn.
- Le grand journal de 12h - weekend newscasts at noon.
- Tout un monde
- Au cœur de la course
- Le Live Presidentiel
- 24 heures, la semaine en questions
- Au cœur de nos differences
- Au cœur des régions
- Politiquement Show
- Le grand journal de 12h30
- Le grand journal de 18h
- Le grand journal de 18h30
- Le 14/17
- Le 14/16
- Le 17/20
- Le 17/19
- Le 12/14
- Le 18/20
- Questions d'actu
- Le journal du monde
- Le Club LCI
- LCA, La Culture Aussi
- 1994-2012: "L'information continue sur LCI" (Continuous news on LCI)
- 2012-2015: "Mieux que savoir, comprendre" (Better than knowing, understanding)
- 2016-Now: "Vous êtes au cœur de l'info" (You are at the heart of the news)
Share This News